January 15, 2010
Posted by: Mamma : Category: Pasta Recipes
A winter classic in Mamma’s house is Pasta con molica pane or pasta with bread crumbs. This is a super simple pasta dish which will provide you some variety if you are always serving a typical Pasta with meat sauce dish to your family. It is truly authentic to this region of Italy and it is very likely you have never heard of or tried this pasta dish before.
Prepare your favorite Spaghetti… set aside.
In a large or deep frying pan:
- Add olive oil, 1 clove crushed garlic, add bread crumbs (insides of homemade bread…no crust).
- Fry until golden brown.
- Add pasta into your frying pan, warm and toss contents until coated
- Place on serving plate
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and eat….Mangiare.
January 02, 2010
Posted by: Mamma : Category: Italian Baking
Another of Mamma’s specialties is Kenoweele (Pastry Turnover). It uses the same ingredients to make the pastry as used in her Boconotti recipe but she adds a different mixture for the inside or centers.
1 cup sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 package Bertolini Lievito Vaniglinato (16 g)
4 cups flour
1 cup walnuts (chopped)
1 cup hazelnuts (chopped)
1/2 cup raisins (chopped)
3 tbsp Grape Jelly or jam of your choice
Combine and mix filling in bowl.
- Beat eggs, add sugar and vegetable oil and mix until sugar is dissolved
- add 1 package of Bertolini lievito vaniglinato
- add flour little at a time until it is a consistency of cookie dough
- place approximately 1 tbsp of filling into each cookie, fold.
- place on cookie sheet
- Bake at 350-400 deg F. for 10-15 minutes until ready
Add 1 tbsp water in frying pan, add 1/2 cup honey and allow it to boil or bubble. Add turnover, roll, glaze, remove then sprinkle with sugar.