2 cups (500 ml) rice (riso superfine Arborio)
1/2 cup (125 ml) parmesan cheese
1 tbsp parsley (we like parsley so we add more)
pinch salt to your desired taste
2 each large garlic cloves (use 3 cloves if small)
- Using a 4 liter pot, cover rice with water, bring to boil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes
- Cool until cold
- Add 4 eggs, parmesan cheese, salt, parsley and garlic
- Mix well – Mush it or mix all ingredients by hand
- Mold the balls into desired shape (helps to coat your hands with oil to avoid sticking)
- Fill a deep frying pan with Mazola corn oil…enough to cover at least half of a rice ball…heat oil and carefully place the formed rice balls into the heated oil.
- turn quickly, when golden brown place on plate to cool.
This is a great appetizer to bring to a dinner party or finger food for the entire family. They disappear quickly and will soon become a family favorite…. Mangiare!
4 Responses to “Rice Balls”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.