Italian Pastry – Kenoweele
Another of Mamma’s specialties is Kenoweele (Pastry Turnover). It uses the same ingredients to make the pastry as used in her Boconotti recipe but she adds a different mixture for the inside or centers.
1 cup sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 package Bertolini Lievito Vaniglinato (16 g)
4 cups flour
1 cup walnuts (chopped)
1 cup hazelnuts (chopped)
1/2 cup raisins (chopped)
3 tbsp Grape Jelly or jam of your choice
Combine and mix filling in bowl.
- Beat eggs, add sugar and vegetable oil and mix until sugar is dissolved
- add 1 package of Bertolini lievito vaniglinato
- add flour little at a time until it is a consistency of cookie dough
- place approximately 1 tbsp of filling into each cookie, fold.
- place on cookie sheet
- Bake at 350-400 deg F. for 10-15 minutes until ready
Add 1 tbsp water in frying pan, add 1/2 cup honey and allow it to boil or bubble. Add turnover, roll, glaze, remove then sprinkle with sugar.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.